Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, fac nos tibi semper et devotam gerere voluntatem, et maiestati tuae sincero corde servire.
Almighty ever-living God, grant that we may always conform our will to yours and serve your majesty in sincerity of heart.
—Roman Missal, Collect, 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
New Theological Movement
Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute for Eastern Christian Studies
Nova et Vetera International Theological Journal
Thomistica a site for the academic study of St. Thomas Aquinas
A self-referentially incoherent claim is one which, when applied to itself, refutes itself: Such as when a man says, “I can’t speak a word of English.”
- Infallible certainty that we cannot have infallible certainty.
- Assertion as a truth that we cannot know truth.
- Assertion as a truth that if anyone asserted anything to be true, he must be arrogant.
- logic and mathematical truths (which science presupposes but cannot prove);
- ethical truths, and metaphysical truths—such as the existence of the external world;
- or that the past is real.
- You cannot show by the scientific method that one should only accept as true that which can be shown true by the scientific method.
“The existence of truth is self-evident. For whoever denies the existence of truth grants that truth does not exist: and, if truth does not exist, then the proposition ‘Truth does not exist’ is true: and if there is anything true, there must be truth.”
1. Who God is.2. Who we are.3. What Mass is.
- We are contingent.
- We do not have to exist.
- It is only God who keeps us in existence at every moment. And that is something we ought to be grateful for all the time.
For the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church.
Fr. Angelo Geiger
Theologian: Shared Communion With Protestants Would be Blasphemy and Sacrilege
Msgr. Nicola Bux reflects on the possibility this pontificate is sympathetic to Protestant theologian Jürgen Moltmann’s theory of “open Communion.” - LINK